Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello God are you there

Have you ever had those real life moments when you ask the question "Hello God are you there?" For so many of us as pastors, ministers, leaders and people in general this is a real question. As a pastor and a disciple in the body of Christ I have to admit that I never really want to divulge those moments of insecurity and silence that occur in my life. Lets be real for a moment nobody wants to hear that there Pastor has not heard from God lately, heck I don't want to tell people that and I am sure that Pastors across the world if reading this are like " boy you need to shush! can't let nobody know that." But real has to be real all the time. There are silent moments and insecurities in everyones abilities to hear God. The reality is that we serve a God whose mind is so immense that to hear him all the time, it would fill us beyond our own capacity and we would overload and implode. I believe that often times those silent moments are those moments that God is sitting back in the cut watching to see if we have been listening to him. When Job has to deal with all he has to deal with; you know Satan attacking all that he had, he was in a silent moment with God. He was crying out to the Lord and there was no response and the real of it was that it made him feel as though he had done something wrong. That is why we find Job in sackcloth and ashes; that is a state of repentance, and even though he asserts that he has done nothing wrong he is not sure. God is just sitting back in the cut seeing what is going to be his respond. Is Job going to live up to the expectations that I have for during this time of trial and tribulation. It is this same God that we serve, the God at the strangest and sometime most stressful moments, will lay in the cut and observe what is going to be their response. Bishop Neil Ellis once said "A Faith that has not been tested is a faith that can not be trusted." It is in these moments of silence when your faith and your trust in the Lord needs to manifest and you keep moving in the direction of his Glory. God silence is that opportunity for you to excel in doing His will with excellence.
The word of God declares "...A time to be quiet and a time to speak. (Ecclesiastes 3:7 NLT)" God shares His wisdom with Solomon and the truth of Gods character is that He will pour into us what is not in Him. I am not surprised any more or fearful in the silent moments. Do they frustrate me, yes. Do they make me slightly hesitant, yes. Do they send me into moments of repentance, yes. But in those moments I need to hear from the Master, in those moments of silent testing, in the moments of trepidation, depression, pain, fear, lack, want; I can still find joy, peace, kindness, love and power in Not only His written word but in the fact that the testing of my faith produces patience and when patience has it's perfect work, I shall be lacking in nothing. "hello God are you there...thank you for my silent times."

No comments:

Post a Comment