Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2 2012: Anamnesis

Plato wrote that humanity can only know the "real" world in the form of memories, for which he termed anamnesis. When I ponder what Plato describes,I get stuck on that ""Real" world"; It makes me have the question what we define as real, how is real defined and who sets the definition of real. As for me that which is real in my world is filtered thorough the lens my belief in the God that I server. My faith is real and so when I look at the world around me this world is remembered in those moments when a real God meet a real world and affected a real me. The old saints use to say " When I look back over my life, if it had not been for the Lord...." y'all know the rest. It is the memory of what God has done in this real world that sets my real faith in action and even in the mist of what appears an impossible situation, that reflex faith memory is what kicks in a declares that what appears to be real in my life is not real, to the God that can change that reality in a moment in the twinkle of an eye. So when I begin this new year I can look back at what God has done in the previous years and know that no matter what seems to be the real world around me that God that I serve is alters that reality and the anamnesis of my life is that I have a God that is able to do the incredible, able to achieve the impossible and  able to move me into those places that will bring him Glory....

What is your anamnesis? how do you define your world? The "real" world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment